XenonDepot Holiday Specials - HID Kits starting at $119.99!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XenonDepot

Reaction score
Hi,

The mechanism. One bulb will end up getting stuck in either low or high beam.

Steve

Yang1815

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine on Monday and had it installed yesterday. I love them! Super bright. Was mine the only set with an inverted positive/negative???

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question. I have aftermarket projectors ordered for my silverado that use H1 bulbs. I would love to order HIDs for them, so I know I would need an H1 HID kit. But how Would I make an H1 kit work wiht 9006 plugs???? :confused: anyway around this????

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its hit or miss really. As we say on hear "your milage may very" Getwired has a set that has been working for more than a year. I had a set that broke in the first month. You can get true highbeams though. Where there are actully 4 bulbs and the highbeam is actully a seperate xenon bulb with its own ballest. They are expensive, but very reliable and bright. Or you can get a set with HIDS in the lows and a Halagon bulb for the highs. Half the price, good highbeams great low beams, none of the trouble.

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they worked for a year I would be happy.

Unless I am missing something, our Yukon's can't run 4 bulbs. So I would have to use the HID bulbs they move.

I have never seen the ones with HID low and Halagon Highs. That is an interesting option.

Who makes them both?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they worked for a year I would be happy.

Unless I am missing something, our Yukon's can't run 4 bulbs. So I would have to use the HID bulbs they move.

I have never seen the ones with HID low and Halagon Highs. That is an interesting option.

Who makes them both?

No even though our yukon uses one bulb for low and high. there is a kit where there are two bulbs per socket. So 2 bulbs in each housing. here is a good site on different Bi xenon kits.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...bulb+bi+xenon+hid+kit&ndsp=18&um=1&hl=en&sa=N

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score

XenonDepot

Reaction score
Hi,

We have tried all 3 of these kits.

1) Flexibulb - Mechanism will fail.
2) Their "True Bi-xenon option" Either the low or high beam bulb will fail as it is highly stressful on the bulbs to be turned on/off repeatedly ie: flashing people. This is why cars that come with OEM Bi-xenon headlights use a single light source with a shield within the projector.

Steve

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bulbs turning on and off do cause stress. But these days, how often do you flash??? Also with the right kit, you can make it so the lows stay on when you go to highbeams, only causing stress to the one bulb. But it really all depends on the kit. I had a kits from HLA in all of my lights (lows highs,fogs) and all still work great in my various vehicles.

But it sounds like you need the HID low, halagon high method. Both are proven very well. :cool2:

XenonDepot

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not saying that they will fail 100%. I am just staying that the failure rate was significantly higher than the products that we sell.

Steve

hapyspaz

Reaction score
Steve, I know this thread is kinda dead, but thought Id drop in a question.

Im thinking of buying a set of the projector headlight kits (lenses) and an HID kit for my 99 2 door.

Will I have to modify the aftermarket lenses or will the HID kit stab right into it? If it will fit, what kit would work best? Hi vs low beam? Both? Just trying to get some input from someone that deals with this often.

XenonDepot

Reaction score
Hey,

The aftermarket headlights use an H1 bulb. You would need to get an H1 HID conversion kit. In some cases you slightly need to modify the bulb opening on the headlight as an H1 HID bulb is slightly thicker in diameter than a halogen H1 bulb.

Steve