HID Kits-TRS vs Xenon Depot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69meano

Reaction score
Ok here is my experience..I went by another forums suggested vendor,called and confirmed application and their best suggestion.The company Is The Retrofit Source or TRS
This was not a cheap Chinese kit so I thought.I did the install anyway and the fit and finish and quality are NOT all the hype they state.
Cheaply made harness with a relay that could fall out as it does not lock in or even have a bracket,poor light output with a delay at each turn on (even though 55 watt),one relay for both lights,fuse not weather proofed and in general cheap.
BTW they;TRS; suggested 55w and I found 2 things-
55w watt output AND the cheap non UV bulbs will damage the projectors over time.Factory output is 35w
I wrote it off because there support is very deceptive and not helpful,of course I find after the purchase that the reviews are the same.
So I do my research and buy the Xenon Depot 35w deluxe with Phillips bulbs for the same money and What a difference.The fit,quality and overall light pattern is for superior and had Phillips Bulbs,a relay for each headlight,sealed relay and fuse..no chance of projector damage in future.
I hope this helps others in their decision to upgrade to HID.
The first pictures are the TRS kit-I will add the Xenon Extreme kit pictures after those in a separate post

Attachments

• trs.jpg
    trs.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 13
  • trs1.jpg
    trs1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 11
  • trs2.jpg
    trs2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 9
  • trs3.jpg
    trs3.jpg