My Project! 95 Hoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take that and reverse it, all black w/ an orange border..

either way both look good...

found this online

ChevyCenterCapRing.gif

Attachments

• chevyces6.jpg
    chevyces6.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if my grille tho is orange, wouldnt then the outside of the bowtie be sort of invisible. the way i did i guess makes it so u can see the whoole thing.. idk

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your grill is orange, then keep the black on the outside...
Are you going to do anything with the lights in the front?
Looks great, the paint has much more of a 'pop' when in the sunlight.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude. It does look reallllly good now. I cant wait to see it with the new grill and ground effects.
for the bowtie, black orange inside I think would stand out nicely.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, as for yukonmud, i have all clear corner and such lights. do you think i should maybe paint the inside of my grille black then all orange bowtie or just keep it simple with all orange grille and black with orange bowtie? im still debating on this. i may just go with the black and orange hoe look, with some 20's or 22's all black, and tinting my windows at like 15percent and giving it that black look on top.

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your going to go with the black & orange bowtie it might be pretty cool to paint the grill black and the front surface orange or visa versa...either way it would all match and look sweet.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah thanks guys. im kinda leaning toward the iner lines of the grille being black and the like outside being orange. then some kind of design on the bowtie.. heres what i mean..
orange lines means its orange, black lines means its black. and the bowtie means a little of both..

Edit:: or do you guys think that the whole grille should be black and leave my bowtie orange??? sorry guys i cant make up my mind on this one..

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah thanks guys. im kinda leaning toward the iner lines of the grille being black and the like outside being orange. then some kind of design on the bowtie.. heres what i mean..
orange lines means its orange, black lines means its black. and the bowtie means a little of both..

Edit:: or do you guys think that the whole grille should be black and leave my bowtie orange??? sorry guys i cant make up my mind on this one..

i personally think you should leave it crome, looks preety sweet. then do a black bowtie with orange border.

get some crystal clear headlights, some silverstar ULTRA's, dixie horn and a Cannon Ball Express Train horn, then BAM DONE.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well first its not chrome. lol.. the person before me made it white. i have clear corners and clear drls, i also have a dixie horn, man im way ahead of ya.. lol.. hey bcuz im from the "north" doesnt mean i dont watch dukes of hazzard or anything like that. my brother i must say is somewhat of a hillbilly too. on his 03 silverado, chopped the exhaust right after the cat and put a turn down, put a huge brush guard on it, idk what else.. but anywho.. lol..

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hillbilly? ya thats a northern word.. around here.. rednecks don't really like hillbillys lol

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha . well idont know what to call him.. lol.. back to the topic haha sorry

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well first its not chrome. lol.. the person before me made it white. i have clear corners and clear drls, i also have a dixie horn, man im way ahead of ya.. lol.. hey bcuz im from the "north" doesnt mean i dont watch dukes of hazzard or anything like that. my brother i must say is somewhat of a hillbilly too. on his 03 silverado, chopped the exhaust right after the cat and put a turn down, put a huge brush guard on it, idk what else.. but anywho.. lol..

AWSOME.

but the pic is crome. i think it would be best crome. but its your truck. i would have it all painted orange, then a complete orange bowtie.

kinda Orange it out. :ktoe::lol:

no i think the mesh part of the grill should be orange and the rest should be black. then do an orange outlined bowtie with black filled in.

so reverse your pic then. :thumbsup:

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i gotcha. yeah that picture was ganked off the internet.. sorry .. lol..

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
orange with black inserts, (or the billet inserts) would look good in my opinion since your putting dark tail lights in it. gotta keep those Black accents all around.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hold it, got another question to ask yall. ok so those rear sail panels next to the back windows.. should i leave those black so then my back hatch and the 2 rear windows would all flow together and imean the coloring of it.. and with my tail lights being smoked do you think it will give it a nice look or still thinking orange. heres a hoe i found online.. i must say before i post this, i never meant anything for mine to look like this one.. it jsut happened like it..

Limited00

Reaction score
I'd say leave them black so they'll flow, but thats just my opinion. I'm sure its gonna look good either way. Photoshop it!

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like your original idea of making the grill a combination of black & orange, it will really tie everything together really nice. I also think you should paint the sail panels orange, especially if you have your windows tinted darker. I say this because I really like the orange 'stripes' tying the roof with the body and think that you don't really need to have the side windows flow into the rear hatch.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks.. today was a disaster. i went to the shop to work on my grille and i was trying to sand off the old rock chips and such. my grille was white and they painted over the chroming. so i went and tried red padding it, nothing happened as to the rock chips. so then i went down to 220, nothing happened. then i was like screw this and got the bumper stripper out.. went nuts with that stuff. and ill tell ya once, that stuff is the biggest pain in the muther fwcker rear end man. it takes the paint off yes, but then you have to literally scrape that shiet off. and the grille is not a flat surface its all corners and stuff.. and well yeah thats a dilemma and now a delay.. sorry guys..