What should i get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrite its between a couple things
1- Volant Air Intake System
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200168781306
I can get it for 240 shipped to my house

2- Alpine CD/ipod player
Right now i have the factory one with a tape cassette thing for my ipod and i have kenwood speakers not getting enough out of them and a JL12" laying in my room that wants to go in
I can get this for 225 with ipod cord,xm,and harness

3- Save the money and look into a better lowing kit, Price is N/A

4- Any other good products i should look into for under 300 bucks??

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throttle body spacer and injector spacer!

Haha my intake system is 3inch piping from homedepot, from the fender to the rubber snorkel thing.

718frankb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go with the alpine,intake is easy to make yourself with a k&n filter and vented airbox

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking the alpine too.. there was just one on craigslist i was about to go get it and then the guy told me it was sold. i was pissed. bcuz it was cheap and brand new.. i dont want to like go out and buy a brand new one for 500 bucks.. i mean if someone on here has anyone they can get stuff from, cough cough help me out.. lol..

Im not really planning on doing a ton of motor mods right now, since later i will be upgraded everything in the engine compartment, the intake idea is swappable. and my intake right now is hooked up to the cowl and to the fender.. but yea..

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No intake...but spacers do sound good.

CL is the best place for anything. Here in NY stuff extremely cheap. Sell flip out units 500 or less brand name.

If you do find soemthing on Long Island, NY I will be glad to go get it check it out and ship it ya PAL

Really save it AND DROP DAT HOE!

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CL?? hmm i have an Alpine in my capri that im not using, but idk. id rather buy another so then i dont have to swap em out everytime and deal with the hassle.

I was thinking about bags on the hoe maybe later later. but i hate that sound whenever it goes down, the pshtt sound.. it drives me nuts.. also at wyotech i was thinking of taking the body off the frame and doing a whole another paint job with shaved door handles on it then blasting the frame and painting it.. thats if they will let me take the frame off down there, ill have to check before i get my hopes up..

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Na i dont need help with it, but i want to take the frame out and sand it all down. Im just saying to do it at school so then i have something to do, id rather not do it at my shop since it would be a pretty dusty job.. and id go threw alot of sand paper...

mrbigles

Reaction score
If you don't have your heart set on that Alpine, there is a really good Kenwood Excelon HU @ onlinecarstereo.com Model is X-692. Can pick it up for around $150 and it has ipod connection and control, will do the bluetooth (with attachment) and will do either sirius or XM.. dont' remember.

Or.. if you just want a HU.. I can check if I still have my pioneer that was in mint condition, but, doesn't have any bells and whistles. I'll let it go reasonably. ;)

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want an intake, since you have a '95 like mine and don't have an MAF sensor you need to worry about, just get an open element like mine:

30047590015_large.jpg

That was less than half the price of a CAI kit, and since you have a functional cowl hood, it would be just as good maybe even better. Plus, imho, it looks way better than a cold air intake tube with that cone filter on the end.

Also, since you have a TBI motor, don't waste you money on a TBI spacer.

The head unit would be the best investment with the options you listed in my opinion.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, since you have a TBI motor, don't waste you money on a TBI spacer.

LoL How would that be a waste on a TBI engine? You're increasing the intake manifolds plenum size. You'll get a more improved throttle response and a slight increase in mileage.

It's a waste on Vortec engines.

The injector spacer raises your injector pod for a better air/fuel delivery.

Edit: I would also go with an open air element as Stalin mentioned. I would go that route but I live in Cali.

Last edited:

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LoL How would that be a waste on a TBI engine? You're increasing the intake manifolds plenum size. You'll get a more improved throttle response and a slight increase in mileage.

That's the theory, but you can read real consumer reviews about TBI spacers all day long and you'll realize that more than half of the people say there is no difference or the difference is very minimal. It's a gimmick part, imo. I have read most everywhere that the number one most noteable difference is you get a high-pitch sound from the swirled/helix design that some of the TBI spacer models have. There are people who say they get a night and day difference from it... but honestly, I believe that has more to do with them taking the throttle body off and cleaning it rather than better fuel atomization from the spacer.

Even better: here is a post I made like 6 months ago about this very same thing when it was still fresh in my mind (because back in the day, I was also thinking about getting a TBI spacer until I researched it) http://www.tahoeforum.com/showpost.php?p=78117&postcount=9

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the TB Spacer on MY EsaHoe two weeks ago don't notice ****.

:nonod: I gotta disagee with ya falcon. I did the throttle body spacer and noticed it soon as I drove away. :yesnod:

but hey for around 3hundred grab some headers...if you already got those why not a msd ignition with new plugs/wires/module/cap n rotor. just my 2 cizzles:D

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Vortec engines you wont notice anything, except the high-pitch sound Stalin mentioned.

On a TBI I personally gained 1-2MPG and a higher throttle response. Search over at FSC and you'll see tons of people who have experienced the same.

Haha, but I'll just go with the HU since you'll be upgrading the engine anyway. 383?

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the only way to figure it out is to buy one. but im not going to buy one since the reviews are like 50-50 just like on here.

But later down after college if i still have the truck, im looking to a biggg motor swap.. Im sure if i get a reallly good paying job after college, money will ad up quick since i know how to spend it and ill throw it into a CD or other account to rack some interest on it. Im just not sure tho if i really want this truck.. im starting to reealllly love the lowered 2 doors. I want to start over to say the least. If i do find a 2 door, they make them in 2wd 5 luggers right? bcuz then id keep the rims. There was one around her for 3500 bucks and it only had 80thous on it. the guy was moving.. shoulda jumped.. but idk if i find the right 2 door go past me, im gunna jump on it. and ill make sure to look for the 96-99 with OBD2 not the obd1.. it seems its alot easier to do stuff to as of programming and such...

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:nonod: I gotta disagee with ya falcon. I did the throttle body spacer and noticed it soon as I drove away. :yesnod:

but hey for around 3hundred grab some headers...if you already got those why not a msd ignition with new plugs/wires/module/cap n rotor. just my 2 cizzles:D

Execuse me theres a REALLY BIG MOFKN IMPORTANT FACT YOUR MISSING IN HERE....

YOU HOE IS BLOWN! SO YOUR RAMMING AIR INTO UR ENGINE ITS GETTIN TWISTED...

Big difference in N/A to F/I.

xoxoxoxoxox

Falco