Trouble w/ radio display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayjysmth

Reaction score
I have a 2007 LT Tahoe and I noticed last night when coming home my radio display wasnt as bright as it usually is.

I also turn the fog lights on in the daytime mainly bc I think it's a little safer and people can see you better.

Anyway, when you turn the foglights on you hear a little click and then everything lights up including the radio display going from normal to bright.

Well now on my Tahoe when I hit the fog light button during the daytime I hear no click and my radio display stays at the same brightness.

Is there a fuse I can check or could this be something internally in the radio.

Thanks

pgaduane

Reaction score
I have a 2007 LT Tahoe and I noticed last night when coming home my radio display wasnt as bright as it usually is.

I also turn the fog lights on in the daytime mainly bc I think it's a little safer and people can see you better.

Anyway, when you turn the foglights on you hear a little click and then everything lights up including the radio display going from normal to bright.

Well now on my Tahoe when I hit the fog light button during the daytime I hear no click and my radio display stays at the same brightness.

Is there a fuse I can check or could this be something internally in the radio.

Thanks

Check your dash lights brightness control. I had that happen to me and found out i had the dash lights were turned down all the way. But when I turned on the lights the radio went back on. It was kind of freaky when it happened. I think it happened at the car wash. But I thought I was going to have to get it repaired and found the problem before I tore it apart.

jayjysmth

Reaction score
checked that last night and that wasnt the problem

kindof weird it just happened last night while driving home.

any other suggestions?

all other lights around the radio are bright just not the display last lists the channel etc

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason why everything lights up when the fog light button is pressed is because when the Tahoe/Yukon lights are on Auto and the Fog Light buttuon is pressed it automatically turns on your headlights.
It probably a fuse, try stopping at the dealer.