Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmora805

Reaction score
I have a problem my Tahoe Limited tranny is not working anymore. I first noticed it when it would go from 2nd to 3rd gear it would lag. Now it slips like crazy in all gears and reverse hardly catches at all. I checked the fluid still looks good but smells a little burnt. Any info will help.

Also what parts and about how much would it cost to rebuild a tranny yourself. Thanks in advance.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
It reads like it is in fact a rebuild time. I wanna type that parts might be around 300-500. Thats for the hardware and torque convertor. This would also be a great time to do performance upgrades to the transmission too.

elmora805

Reaction score
I havent taken any pics to post but as soon as I can I will. What kind of performance upgrades should be done to it

2000 limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on what u are looking 4. and after you made up your mind then you can choose. or post on what u wanna do as in peromance. you wan't it stock? there is a guy on here i think his forum name is 95twintt he is the man on this!!!!!!!!

elmora805

Reaction score

2000 limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice is wish mine would look that good here is a pic of mine:D
cv-1.jpg

101_0026.jpg

elmora805

Reaction score
I almost bought that same grill and rims. But i stuck with my 18's cause we have to many potholes here in ventura county. But none the less your truck looks badass.