Tahoe PPV's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlewis27

Reaction score
Important message for anyone who has a Police version Tahoe!

If you take your vehicle to a dealer for work, make sure you tell them "NOT TO MAKE ANY CHANGES TO ECM!"

Normal mechanic's do not have experience with these models and will wipe out police program and Chevy will not put back in unless car is owned by a police dept.

All performance enhansements are gone!

Conley79

Reaction score
Was wondering what year Tahoe, if any particular year. I own a 1999-00 limited and I know a lot of officers drove these, some still do I still see them usually a highway or state trooper. Are these considered police?

dlewis27

Reaction score
PPV's

Chevy redesigned Police Tahoes vehicles in 2005. 2 models emerged --SSV --Special Services Vehicles and PPV's--Police Pursuit Vehicles.

PPV's had special programs for performance. No fuel shut off's and special transmittion programs.

If you have a PPV and you go to a Chevy Dealership for any service work and they update your ecm for any reason, they can accidently wipe out your Police program. They will not put it back in for civilian use.

Without this program, you have a regular Tahoe. These trucks are built to be almost indestructable. They handle like a Camero and are made to chase you down.

eagle-co94

Reaction score
You've got the last model year with the 5x5 bolt pattern. That year's Tahoe PPV was the Z56 Tahoe. It was referred to as the Pursuit Suspension package...but it said "not to be used for pursuit purposes. That was my first Tahoe.

Conley79

Reaction score
I have one more ? How would I know if the ecm has been changed over from police to civilian? I'm the second owner of the vehicle and they took great care of the truck it still has the original window sticker with it the jack has never been used it even has the factory tire sealant and GM gloves. The plastic is still on the floor under the floor mats. I figure it was either a investigators truck or maybe a business truck. It's extra clean.

mconley1234

Reaction score
I have one more ? How would I know if the ecm has been changed over from police to civilian? I'm the second owner of the vehicle and they took great care of the truck it still has the original window sticker with it the jack has never been used it even has the factory tire sealant and GM gloves. The plastic is still on the floor under the floor mats. I figure it was either a investigators truck or maybe a business truck. It's extra clean.

see if it goes 150 mph

2010 PPV Tahoe

Reaction score
EMC??????

I have a question about the EMC on a PPV. I installed a super chip, do you know if this took out the police package program?

mconley1234

Reaction score
I have a question about the EMC on a PPV. I installed a super chip, do you know if this took out the police package program?

not sure..... Use the super chip and return it to factory settings. ....Not to be a dick but why would you **** w/ it in the first place?