Part No. Help?! & Console Color Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tenmark262

Reaction score
Tahoe-1.jpg

Ok. Bought a console off eBay. Guy says it's pewter but it's tan or shale or anything else but pewter or gray.

Of course, I'm looking at return shipping costs and a twenty percent restocking fee because this scumbag is color blind.

Here's some numbers on the inside of the parts... any way to verify the color from them?! This guy makes me so mad and I just want to throw it in his face that he's flipping wrong!!!

I've already done some web hunting on them with no success. ...but maybe some of you GM hoe' gurus can help.

Numbers printed on inside of console:

PP 0096 No4 PMP
F1501551

DSCN9031.jpg

DSCN9030.jpg

dark pewter, light pewter and ..... well isn't that neutral or tan or shale?

DSCN9024.jpg

Yep, that looks like tan to me.

DSCN9033.jpg

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It kinda looks like the pewter paint my old 00 Tahoe had. Maybe that was what he was thinking about? :)

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure. In Norway Pewter har been used to describe very very light beige Gm cars but that doesn't mean it's correct. Something may have been lost in translation. :)

Pewter is an alloy that is currently composed of approximately 93-98% tin, 1-2% copper, and the balance of antimony.

Wiki says it's a dark grey dull color, the color of the pewter metal. So i guess you're right.

chevytech03

Reaction score
if you are wanting to match your interior, take your vin# to a dealer and get the interior trim code, there are paint companies that can make a can of spray paint for the trim code. i have done many repairs this way, always a good match