Oh crap. They found me! EXT. Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grebbler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The extended warranty people found me and barraged my phone and mailbox with LAST CHANCE NOTICE blah blah. The scary part is... I am interested.

I never trust hard sell companies as it makes them seem like a scam but I would like a warranty on my 142K truck.

One of them is http://www.mvswarranty.com/

These people keep reiterating that they are the consumer division of one of the oldest warranty companies blah blah but never give the name of the parent company.

Another is a red on white mailer from "Administrative Offices - Extended Coverage Division" with an 800 number. Again, no company name nor an address. Oh yeah. I am just dying to hand them my wallet.

The last is from Vehicle Services Inc. out of MO. I did a Google on them and oddly enough there was already a Firefox search suggestion on them. I found them here - http://www.vsiwarranty.com/site.htm
This site at least has some funky music to listen to while figuring out if they are con artists. :party3:

Does anyone have first hand experience with these or know of a reputable place that will warranty an '02 with 142K?

Are these the kind of people the Sec State of Michigan is selling my info to?
How did they find me and know I wanted breast enlargement cre...um... a warranty.

Greb

ps Please reply soon. I only have until the 10th to contact them! :cry2:

pss Just found this http://www.bhall.com/2005/09/vehicle-warranty-sales-pitch.html

Dammit. I hate when scumbags get my hopes up! :)

Last edited:

chevytech03

Reaction score
I work at a GM dealership, I wouldn't trust anybody selling a warranty on a100,000+ vehicle. All the ones i have seen rarely pay, and if they do, they use salvage/used parts, only pay for the failed part, not any residual damage.Say your oil pump goes out and locks up your motor, they will pay for the pump, but not the eng. If the truck is paid for, put a little money away each paycheck to cover any unforseen expenses. I see these come in with 200,000 or more miles in great shape.I see them come in with 50,000 miles in terrible shape, it's all on how you take care of them. I own a 03 tahoe with 119,000 miles, looks and runs like brand new.I own a 07 with 8,000 miles on it, i would rather drive the 03.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one for my wife's Grand Prix when hers ran out, and I could barely get them to pay for anything. The problems we had with our extended warranty was they would only pay so much for parts that had to be replaced. They'd tell us "we find this part for $XXX, so we'll only reimburse you that amount." Not to mention, if they determined that something that the coverage DID cover might have gone out because of something they DID NOT cover, they would argue that they should not have to cover it.

Friggin scam artists. You'd think the A$$hats I dealt with were having to pay it personally from their own pockets. I think they enjoyed trying not to help us.

Just my experience... and it cost me $1250. I'd save the cash, however you can, and hope for the best.

BH

happyyank

Reaction score
extended warranty

check this site out...I purchased mine on a 98 hoe and have no complaints......WarrantyDirect.com