How to remove the side molding tahoe??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XLDENALIXL

Reaction score
I was wondering how to remove the side pannel little black molding strip that says 1500 or what ever to give it a clean body look. the truck is a black 95, and will there be glue ressado? will there be a difference in the paint contrast?? just wondering if it is worth it or not.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Imma be doing this also, but going to wait 'till it starts warming up outside. From what I have read, you can use a heat gun to melt the glue a bit and they should come right off. You'll have glue residue which can be removed with goo-gone or a 3M stripe-off wheel.

XLDENALIXL

Reaction score
ight nice i was thinking that, sounds like a good idea, prob same goes for de-badging as well.

bigblackhoe98

Reaction score
Do it!! Removing the trim is easy...the adhesive is the time consuming part. It's a lot of work to remove the adhesive, but when you're done its worth it. I did not have a problem with paint matching afterwards.

24705510067_large.jpg

XLDENALIXL

Reaction score
Yeaa i hear ya, prob a pain but its deff worth the looks, urs looks very clean, and i like the 07 emblems, were u get those ebay or sumthin??