Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frustrated

Reaction score
I have a 2002 Tahoe LT with the 5.3. At low speeds the idle nearly bottoms out with the A/C on. Even with the A/C off the idle is about 500 or lower. I've changed plugs, wires, fuel filter, PCV and cleaned off my K&N filter. No change. Now out of warranty and almost out of money. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Huck

Reaction score
How many miles? Could be a problem with your fuel injection system.

frustrated

Reaction score
95K, I read on another forum about using a fuel injection additive to clean out the injectors. However, I've never tried this. Any suggestions?

frustrated

Reaction score
95K, I read on another forum about using a fuel injection additive to clean out the injectors. However, I've never tried this. I also read about the OBD 2 code readers which read the codes from the vehicles computer. Any suggestions?

chevytech03

Reaction score
Clean your throttle body bore and throttle plate. Also there is a calibration update for the ecm/pcm.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Check your IAC motor and make sure it's working properly. Also try cleaning out the air bypass passage in the upper left hand corner of the tb bore. The IAC controls airflow through the small opening in the tb while idling, and if there's gunk in passage or the IAC motor isn't functioning properly, you'll have a rough idle.