GM and OnStar: The Biggest Rip-Off EVER!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, who do I contact to change the Yukon's phone number? GM or Verizon?

call onstar with the blue button, tell them and they transfer you to the right person insted of messing around with a computer to tell you to push 1 or 4 or 2.

bisignano

Reaction score
Just to put in my 2 cents.
Lock yourself out of one of the new GM's and ONSTAR will pay for itself.

The_Yukonator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on RT! Now we're having a discussion! That's what I'm saying.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Burb. Of course there are a few things I'd like to change, we all do!

Believe it or not, GM takes notice when their constituants have a legitimate gripe about something. And who knows, maybe we'll see those things changed on future models!

:iagree:

That is the only thing that I really hate about OnStar Freehands! I can't say that I think that all the features suck or that it's all a rip off because I have used the services on multliple ocassions and I was really happy that I had OnStar. All I'm saying is that GM should make contracts with the other mayor cellphone carriers as well.

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to put in my 2 cents.
Lock yourself out of one of the new GM's and ONSTAR will pay for itself.

you would like to think...............wife did it twice when we first got the Yukon.........GM and Onstar left her hanging both times. "Sorry, we can't help you" clearly isn't what I want to spend money to hear.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A parking garage no doubt. Oh yes, OnStar has its limitations, which is exactly why I started this thread. Great discussion, keep it going!