Fuel pressure/flex fuel problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxMadeTxPaid07

Reaction score
I purchased my 07 PPV Tahoe with 89k on the odometer last May. When I bought it it Was throwing codes for the 02 sensors, the oil pressure sensor, purge solenoid, and something with the throttle body I forgot. I cleaned the throttle body and replaced the sensors to resolve those issues but it wasn't until recently that I was able to replace the purge solenoid(on the manifold)(or vacuum vent valve, whichever is the one on the manifold lol). Anyways the code went away after about 15 or so miles but two days after replacing the part(the same day I decided to try out the e85 flex fuel) my check engine light popped up yet again. Two WHOLE days with no light. So earlier in the day it started telling me to tighten my gas cap. Which i did. But it kept telling me to tighten it.
I took it to oreilleys and they pulled the code ( kicking myself for not writing it down) but it was showing low pressure AND no pressure regarding the fuel line/tank( or whatever ). .
I know it isn't a coincidence that it my gas cap may be bad right after having repaired this part on my car. The people at oreilleys told me I may have a fuel line leak somewhere but I can't see how fixing the part I repaired(purge solenoid) could have cussed this.
Or is it possibly something to do with the flex fuel?
This was the first time using e85 since purchasing the vehicle.
Please help. Tired of throwing money at vehicle and only getting to glorious days of clarity.

Has 5.3 and is two wheel drive.

And I don't know if this is even worth mentioning but I keep reading that e85 is extremely water exorbitant and because if this can cause acidic buildup to occur. I understand that the flex engines are supposedly treated with some chemical or I don't know soMething was done differently to alleviate this issue. I live in Corpus Christi.
I keep reading horror stories of e85 but I also have read just as many glory stories. I personally don't see the benefit as e85 just is not price affective anymore but could it really do that type of damage?

Last edited:

Tahoe52793

Reaction score
Have you tried replacing the gas cap with a brand new gm one? This seems to solve alot of pesky issues esp involving evap codes.