engine coolant problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CARASCOD

Reaction score
hello im new i have a 1999 tahoe and i put coolant in the reservoir the other day checked it last night there is none in there now no signs of leaking can somebody please help me out

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I would suspect the lower intake manifold leaking. You're going to have to perform a coolant pressure test on it to determine where infact the leak is coming from. The coolant pressure test should be done on a cold engine and a hot engine to determine leak.

CARASCOD

Reaction score
would i be able to notice it if it was leaking from the lower intake somebody told me to check the heater core also

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you may notice it, but if it evaporates off the intake/engine you may not.

Look at the firewall side of the intake for leaks.
If your heater core was leaking, you maybe will see fluid on the floor of the passenger front seat ( where your feet go)

I think intake is your best bet. how many miles on it?
\the coolant may have just migrated to the radiator. check to see that its full also.

CARASCOD

Reaction score
i found out what the problem was the radiater has a little hole on it so i will be replacing the radiator is it hard to change the radiater ???? and i was told since i am changing the radiater i should change the thermostat also where is that located under the hood

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pull the upper hose off of the thermostat housing n then the bolts holding the housing onto the intake and itll be right under that. simply lifts up off of it.