EconoAid Throttle Body spacer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drumrpunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Airaide spacer and it seemed to help my throttle response. Paired up with a CAI system and it makes for good power and a cool sound. But there are also alot of people here who hate em. I say go for it becuase you can't beat the price.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
People like em, for the sound. They don't add anything with these newer engines where the fuel is added after the throttle body. If you have a TBI engine, then they aren't a bad idea.

Backon4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put one on my 95 along with the fuel injector spacer and you can notice the difference in the throttle reponse. But as he said on the non tbi engines it is more for looks and sound.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put one on my 95 along with the fuel injector spacer and you can notice the difference in the throttle reponse. But as he said on the non tbi engines it is more for looks and sound.

Ditto.

I gained 1MPG after my install plus the throttle response.

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TBI motors, easy install with these EconoAid spacers?? ive only put one on a F/I 5.7 and that was very simple. never did a TBI but i would like to on mine.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

You mean she??? :lol:

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Helix Design...yet to install but either way...Umm

Fuel Injection spacer? Guess you don't have Spider Injection Unit?

SS5800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what TBI means ....and your saying that its only going to help by like 1 mpg on my 96 tahoe?

Backon4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that. Most people like them because it gives it a throatier sound and a little better throttle response.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TBI = Throttle Body Injection

96+ Do not have a TBI engine, so as Jenna has already stated they are more for looks and sound than anything on the Vortec engines.

On TBI engines you will get more throttle response and it can increase you mileage. I installed one along with a Injector Spacer and noticed a 1MPG gain.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that explain why when installed mine...I noticed ****! Just did it today. Saw this thread and got me motivated. I'll do a write up tom, maybe I will see some MPG gains atleast cuz throttle is not there!