Coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmora805

Reaction score
Whats up guys I have a question i have a 2000 tahoe limited that leaks coolant when the reservoir is full. The reservoir can be empty and it wont leak. You would thing that the leak is coming from the reservoir but the puddles are under the radiator. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow the hose coming out of the resivor - to the radiator, see if it has any cracks or splits in it

elmora805

Reaction score
Ive checked that hose and all is good. the reservoir is on the passanger side but the puddle is on driver side. I've replaced the radiator and cap. And still the leak. Ive noticed that the hose that goes from the radiator to thermostat never has any pressure. Anyways Im still searching thanks for all the help.

96cherry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
coolant

make sure you double check the water pump, it can be decieving

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, double check the water pump - and also check the intake manifold make sure it isn't leaking

elmora805

Reaction score
Can my cooling system be clogged somewhere. It never overheats, stays at normal temp.

95ThAHOE

Reaction score
I had a similar coolant leak, itd always leak if i filled it up but i could leave it with barely enough to circulate and shed be fine. Anyways it turned out to be leaking out of the heater control valve i believe, dont know if you have the same problem but its worth checking.

96cherry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how the hell do i get my profile picture on here it keeps saying upload failed

elmora805

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys, shes still leaking I just have to make some time to take things apart to check them out. Will post when Ive figured it out.