Blower not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooslowtahoe

Reaction score
Previous info blower motor resistor was replaced a few weeks ago and blower worked fine from that point until now. Well got in my truck the other day and the blower wouldn't come on blower was working just a few hours before that. Then today it wouldn't come on I checked fuses all were fine. An hour later the blower start working again. Now it's back not working. Where should I start looking for the problem?? Thanks in advance 99 tahoe

tooslowtahoe

Reaction score
think i found the problem melted harness into the back of the ac/heater control unit looks like theres some play in it when moves blower comes on

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a new switch and harness, 1572275 acdelco switch, I cant find an oem part for the harness but there are afermarket available....

ff256

Reaction score
Im having a problem with my blower as well.
Everytime I turn it on i have to hit the front of it (under the glove compt.) for it to start.
sometimes it starts on its own but not often.

any ideas? replaced a switch behind the fan knob on the dash last year.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FF256, prob need a blower motor... is it noisy?

junkie4mud

Reaction score
Mine works but is really noisy. Loud! My buddy said put WD 40 around the fan under the dash. Would this help?

Junkie4mud

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WD40 on the shaft of the motor will work for a while, but it will get noisy again, dope it with it on, you will have to remove a foam/plastic cover to access the motor.