Bilstein heavy duty shock swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkfont2012

Reaction score
Hey all,

New member, first write up, ill try to be quick. I live in new orleans and the roads are ruined- im talking cracked concrete slabs, potholes, uneven pavement, tree roots, ect. I just bought my first 01 Tahoe LT 5.3L V8 4-wheel. At 171K miles, its time for shock replacement.

Now, I just ordered 4 Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks from tirerack.com for a grand total of 290 bucks. here is the link to look for yourselves:

https://www.tirerack.com/suspension...el=Tahoe+4wd+(New)&autoYear=2001&autoModClar=

The manufactures Part # for the front is: 24-065009
and the rear: 24-143806

Both part numbers are exact for this Fitment chart that is attached to this post.

This thread link, posted by BZBATL, was my resource for doing this job myself:
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=4119

I have bought billy shocks before and put them on my 89 BMW 325i back in high school. I know how to do this job as it should just be unbolt, new shock, rebolt, I just wanted to make sure I did not miss something or a part I might need, or anything that might be off.

If anyone could please advise on this, I would be very grateful. I apologize that the write up is long but its necessary.

Thank you for reading.

-Keefer Font

Attachments

• Bilstein Shock Fitment Chart.jpg
    Bilstein Shock Fitment Chart.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 6

mkfont2012

Reaction score
EDIT: I guess what im asking is: does my 01 LT 4 wheel have self leveling suspension ? if so, then i would need to order larger springs to achieve the proper ride height. Bilstein part # 199020

82shark

Reaction score
I have a 05 LT with Autoride. Same question. I'd like to get rid of the Autoride system. Tired of hearing the pump running at startup to level it out. Would like to replace them with Heavy Duty shocks and disable the pump, but i think it throws a code.

anyone have any ideas on best route?
Ed