Best service books

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCBeach

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good service book for a 97? Have used Chilton in the past, but these seem to be mostly motor stuff. We are more interested in the body and interior. My sons truck needs a new rear bumper, new dash, door panel replacements etc. Is a third party book good enough or should we get Chevy service manuals?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Oh, also looking for a source of the small plastic inserts used to hold the interior panels on. We have broken several on different jobs. :nonod:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that little plastic piece is available at any dealership. tell them its the GM door rivet thingy. .80 cent each.

loulblades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After spending money on several books for my '96, I bit the bullet and ordered the full shop manual set from Faxon on Ebay ($119). Much better than anything else I have looked at.

ACMercker

Reaction score
I was worried... but the Haynes has been decent.

Of the 2 main ones, Haynes and Chilton has there been a good chaw over which one's better?

All things being relative, that is.