air bag question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CARASCOD

Reaction score
hey guys my 1999 4dr tahoe got hit a few weeks back and the airbags deployed i was told i have to get new airbags module and replace all the sensors does anyone have an ideal how many airbag sensors are on a tahoe and a rough estimate of how much they would cost i already found the airbags and module for $319

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't have a manual (or there isn't one at your library), call the dealer Parts department. They'll know for certain.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Honestly man, I would call your closet GM dealer and get that info, as far as the amount of sensors, you have.

wrecker driver

Reaction score
There are 2 sensors below the core support. I have fixed many gm trucks and suv's for myself and i just change the airbags and module. I can get the airbags cheaper for you too.

CARASCOD

Reaction score
ok i havent got the truck back yet but since u can get em cheaper u will be the person i will contact always nice to save some money im thinking should i just make this a project for myself fix everything by myself and just gt a fresh paint job is it hard to install the airbags and where is the module located?

CARASCOD

Reaction score
wrecker since my airbags deployed do i have to replace all the sensors ? are u able to get the sensors 2