'98 stalled to death

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ACMercker

Reaction score
saw this post about the stalling problem going on. I've got my 'hoe up on blocks and have been throwin parts at it like there was no tomorrow. Seems like a fuel pump... but here's the deal. Wife calls, stuck on the side of the road, "tahoe starts an' runs a bit but won't go"... when I get there... same thing. At home, up on blocks after throwing in plugs, oil and filter change,fuel filter, battey, fuel pump relay and blowin some ether down her throat, she'll run about three minutes before dying out. Got a fuel pressure gauge which with repeated cycling got the fuel pressure up to about 57 lbs. So it runs for three minutes and dies on the life giving ether... just a blast, mind ya. Not standing there blowin it in.

time passes...

Fuel pump does NOT sound smooth... and now, at this point will not bring the pressure on the fuel gauge above 40+ lbs.

Some help from you gentlemen would be much appreciated.
Thank you, thank you very much.
ACMercker

ACMercker

Reaction score
well thank you now for confirming my suspicions...

does anyone know where to get a good tool for the "quick connect" fuel lines? i understand the best way is to cut the lines on the pump side to get the tank down, then it makes for an easier extraction, if you have the tool, that is.

bayonnite

Reaction score
any parts stores have them, but from my own experiance, do not get the metal ones, for me they did not fit, get the plastic ones, perfect!