4l60e trans prob does year matter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin9844

Reaction score
ok i have a 96 chevy tahoe 5.7 vortec 4l60e one pc case. from some of the things i have read 96 is a year of its own. now does anyone know if this is true or not. i dont want to buy one for a 94 or 95 and things be diff. i beleive in 97 they went to the removable bellhouseing which i have a good one out of a 2000 chevy silverado. wish i could get that to work has really low miles out of the one some dirtbags stole and drove off a 40ft bank. anyway if anyone know some truth behind what i read please let me know. i want to be possitive if not i will have to pull mine and have it rebuild at my local shop. he only wants 800 to do a complete rebuild i dont think thats a bad price. thanks in advance.

XLDENALIXL

Reaction score
800 for a rebuild is a great price man, most people charge 1500 for a rebuild, honestly save ur self the headache and just rebuild

justin9844

Reaction score
thats what i was thinking as well. 800 is if i pull the trans 1500 if he does all the work.

XLDENALIXL

Reaction score
yea man i hear ya, if u got the time just pull it an let them deal with all the hard work.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have it rebuilt with high performance parts, have your mechanic drop a shift kit, billet 'Vette servos and a beast sunshell.

http://www.700r4l60e.com/

or look up oregonperformancetransmissions on ebay

Last edited: