2008 Tahoe Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

meatsweats

Reaction score
Take a look at my post. Had the same issues and after 45 minutes of work it is fixed!

Video is not perfect but should be everything you need!

Lowboy

Reaction score
2009 LTZ cruise not working. A driver tells me my stop lights are on all the time.
I replaced the brake light switch, $12.00. Same issue. No change. So I take the old switch apart and it looks fine. Simple sets of contacts in there. I decide to pull the new switch and poke around. I jumped the wires on one side of the switch harness connector and the brake lights went out. The switch seems fine. Put it back on and same problem. Brake lights won't go out and the cruise won't turn on. I figured out that the retainer clip that holds the switch in place is putting too much tension against the switch causing it to bind on the mounting post. I squeezed the little spring tabs on the retainer clip flat with pliers to reduce the tension from the clip. Problem solved. It's all working properly again. So the original switch wasn't bad, just binding up. Hope this helps.

Garrett5506

Reaction score
Replaced bracke switch

Hey guys. Was going to see if anyone else has had this problem. My cruise control wasn't working so I replaced my brake light switch. When I did my brake lights would not work and my traction control lights came on. I thought new switch was defective so I replaced it. Had same issues again so I replaced for a third time and still have same issues as if the switch isn't even plugged in. Does anyone have any suggestions?