2004 SLT Yukon pricing Q

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcgjm

Reaction score
Hey people. My names glenn and I've only been lurking for a couple of days so please forgive my ignorance. We're currently looking at a '04 Yukon SLT. The dealer in asking 20,999. It's in great condition and seems to have all the bells and whistles, excluding any kind A/V system. Vehix, KBB and Nada all seem to price the truck at 17K to 18K so were scepticle. Any advice even criticle would be appriciated. Thanks

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say even fully load and that low of miles is still kinda high for a 04! But thats just my 2 cents!

gmcgjm

Reaction score
Thank you. We were skepticle at the price too but it's good to have anothers opinion.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem thats why what we're here for! How long have you been shopping around for?

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where are you located?

im here in south west Missouri i own my own little car lot here but anyway i have a 04 denalli with 77k on it one owner loaded rear entertainment and 22's black outside tan leather inside very nice for $15,900 so my point is the one your are looking at sounds about 3-4k to high to me

good luck

tenmark262

Reaction score
Yea, that's top money but all things considered it might be worth it to you. Say, if it's super excellent and totally loaded with has some sort of pedigree like an ownership history with records/receipts and a clean damage history (...don't rely on CARFAX too completely, actually inspect it yourself or have someone inspect it for you).

Is it from a dealer with a solid reputation? Is some kind of warranty included? These things can inflate the price. Is the dealer the type targeting low to no credit customers? That increases the price too, sometimes by thousands. Thousands in the asking price and thousands in additional interest down the road. They're pretty much non-negotiable too.

At the end of the day, with lots of research and work, you should be able to find the truck you want in the condition you want with the mileage you want in your price range. It just takes legwork. I shoot for totally loaded top-of-the-line models at the lowest trim prices.

On pricing - you can run through all the research KBB, NADA, etc and get an idea of what they're selling for but if you REALLY want to know then you've got to call the ones out there for sale, eBay, craigs, autotrader, your local paper, etc. and find the sold ones. Get that price. That's what they're selling for. (completed eBAy auctions is a start). There's nothing wrong with KBB and NADA but they largely get their prices from auctions (Manheim) and adjust their prices up. Depending on seasonality, region, and all kinds of other reasons prices typically get adjusted up anywhere from one to two thousand dollars (which is the typical dealer markup) but even still that's not all that accurate. You've got insurance companies (allegedly) and all kinds of other factors influencing the prices too.

I think of it like this, if you can get what you're looking for, for anywhere from one to two thousand less than the lowest trim level on KBB or NADA you're probably doing ok.

...former wholesale auto industry analyst here.

Also, that's not the only dealership or Tahoe in town is it? Go somewhere else - don't be so magnetically attracted to get that one down.

Last edited:

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get warranty it's worth a little bit more compared to no warranty from Tom, Dick or Joe.

rockman20

Reaction score
I paid around 16,000 for my 04 Yukon XL. The truck is basically missing the nav unit and the DVD system. Otherwise leather, 4 buckets, moon roof, Bose 6 disc changer, heated front seats, driver recall, adjustable pedals, DIC, etc, etc. Mine had just barely 70,000 miles on it when I got it. I have a warranty that came with it as well.

Your price sounds high even with a warranty. I would try to work them down. If this is a dealer, they should be willing to deal. All the lots around here seem to have an abdunce of big iron on their lots with the fuel prices and economy the way they are. They should be willing to deal just to get them off the lot.

Virginia Donkey

Reaction score
As bad as the market is for SUV's you should be able to get that truck for KBB trade-in value....NoT retail or private party, but trade value

Auction prices for SUV's is WAAAAYYYY lower than KBB trade in so they would still be making $$ on the deal.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 18500 for my 04 Yukon SLT with 50k miles on it.. I bought it in August of 07. It was Certified Pre-Owned from a GMC Dealership in Dallas, TX..

I would say that price is too steep.