2003 Tahoe LT 2WD front A/C blowing very hot air 2nd and 3rd row blow cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soopacoopa81

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe. Last week it started blowing hot air out of the front driver and passenger vents. The rear air was cold. Then all A/C vent started blowing hot air. I got out my A/C manifold gauge set and hooked it up. It was running at about 35psi on the low side and about 100psi on the high side. With the A/C on full blast there is this noise under the dash like a clicking that I hear some times. I'm not sure what is going on if its a bad blend door actuator or that I have a leak or both. I put a temperature gauge in the front AC vent and it is blowing at 140+ degrees. please let me know if you can think of any thing I live in Arizona and have to get this fixed asap because 115 degree temperatures are right around the corner.
Thank you
Jason

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it definitely sounds like the blend door actuator if it was due to no freon in the systemits not going to blow 140 degrees so its obvious the blend door is stuck on the heat setting

Ruthless

Reaction score
I have to agree sounds like the blend door. The ac compressor runs a separate cooling system for the rear ac located over the right rear wheel which explains why your rear is blowing cold and the front got stuck on hot apparently and is blowing across your heater core. Beware this is going to be a headache. I recently did the heater core on my 2001 tahoe and it took me and a friend a good 6+ hours to get everything out and back in. I believe its a more in depth process to do the blend door but i could be wrong. Expect estimates in the 900-1300 dollar range. Good luck man i feel for you.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The blend door actuator is pretty easy it sits under the right center of the dash slighty left of glove compartment you will just need to remove the lower black cover panel thats at the bottom of the dash