Whats wrong in the picture?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone notice anything out of the ordinary?? (besides how dirty it is)

Attachments

• truck parts 014.jpg
    truck parts 014.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 245

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your side door moldings look off colored just like mine

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never noticed that but oh well i guess i asked for it when i pose that question

nope thats not what i am talking about

look closer

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ding ding ding ding

what do we have for him johnny???????!!!!!!!!

a few months ago i had my hoe broken into by just punching in the lock cylinder

i asked the dealership to put the back door handle onto the front door and they told me that they couldnt do it....i dont know why...i told them i would buy and extra handle or whatever they needed and pay the extra labor but they still refused

sooooo.... then i found a set of LS door handles on ebay with about an hour left going for only 5 bucks...figured what the hell its only 15 bucks(including shipping) if I cant swap them out or make a hybrid of the two

well let me tell you....it is very very easy...you have to be careful with some of the delicate plastic parts but other than that its simple

so basically now with no lock cylinder and no hole for the lock cylinder i think it eliminates the easiest way for a break in.... now i know some of you say well if your remote goes out what do you do... well i call onstar to unlock it and then get the remote fixed or get the other remote from house....simple enough

so if anyone is interested in this little trick i can get some pics and post them up and write up a little how to before you jump into it

or maybe im just excited about something no one else cares about????

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I'M glad it was just a lock cylinder thing, I thought I was starting to see the Virgin Mary staring so hard.

But on a side note, what would one do if the battery went dead?:rolleyes:

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but i guess you have to pop the hood somehow to reset it ???????????

maybe that wont work

ill just call the locksmith to pop the lock and then deal with it

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will be fine. If I remember right, I left my interior light on in my suburban over night and when I got in the truck in the morning it started right up and then the interior light came back on. I think there may be some kind of shut off device on the 2007 and up GM trucks that monitor if you are drawing current after the key is removed from the ignition after sometime?

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have killed my battery before... but it was when i was listening to the radio with all the lights on for about 3 hours while i got my subs and amp installed

but i guess that is while the key is still in the ignition

but if you think that the battery has a cut off switch then why did you pose the first question about the battery dying????????

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have killed my battery before... but it was when i was listening to the radio with all the lights on for about 3 hours while i got my subs and amp installed

but i guess that is while the key is still in the ignition

but if you think that the battery has a cut off switch then why did you pose the first question about the battery dying????????

Just remembered after the fact. But then again, I'M not even sure if that's what happen to me, it may have been a fluke?

Even still, after time a battery will weaken and die on you sometime down the road.

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well there is one more odd thing....on the 2008 Z71 models, the outside of the door handles are plain black, not painted like they were on the 2007 models.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remembered after the fact. But then again, I'M not even sure if that's what happen to me, it may have been a fluke?

Even still, after time a battery will weaken and die on you sometime down the road.

No you're right, I left a light on and it did go out by itself after a while. And you're also right that no battery is 100% dependable at all times, anything can happen. With that said, I'm still really tempted to do this mod- I like the benefits of it. Nice work, OP.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well there is one more odd thing....on the 2008 Z71 models, the outside of the door handles are plain black, not painted like they were on the 2007 models.

Painted, really? Were they body color or black? And did it look better than the 08 way?

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Dog, would you like me to post up some pictures to show you the inner workings of the handle and what you need to change?

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Dog, would you like me to post up some pictures to show you the inner workings of the handle and what you need to change?

Yeah that would be great, I'd love to get a visual on how it splices together. Bad enough I'm one of those who every time I look at the thing I try to imagine exactly how it might work, you'd be giving my head a rest by posting the pics. Please do, and thanks.