Wacky Wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOKUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems the wipers in my '98 Yukon have a mind of their own. They work at times and other times not. When not working there is a buzz sound from the control box on the drivers side firewall. Sometimes I can wiggle the wires on the plug that goes into that box and they will work but other times they won't. Is what I need to fix this a wiper pulse module? Like this?
203450196.JPG

Thanks!!

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not extremly sure - mine do the same thing on my 99 - i've heard of people replacing the whole wiper motor - for me, i just have to hit the motor, and boom there on.. - other times i've soved something small down into where the wiring plugs in, and they work fine untill that small thing works its way back out.. so..

tofargone

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, replaced the pulse module good as new. I would try it, it takes about 5 minutes to do and only cost about 20-30$

SPXTrader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, there was a recall or TSB on some of these. Thankfully I haven't had problems on the hoe, but the 89 3/4 PU gives me grief every time I use them.

NOKUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New module should be here Monday. We'll see how that works out and I'll report back.