Rims opinion.... Need opinions quick!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gforce

Reaction score
Just a heads up on the Polished lip thing. I used to have a set of black wheels with a polished aluminum lip on my G35 coupe back in the day. They looked amazing out of the box on the car all shiny deep lip...... Then it rained and I washed the car.... Dull spotted gray looking lip. I freaked out thought my rims were defective all that nonsense. Then I learned about the polishing part. I polished the hell out of the rims and they looked better than new.

Only problem was that the polishing thing needs to be done quite often to keep them looking nice and with the car being a daily driver it became quite a chore.

I eventually sold the rims and went back to stock. When I sold them they looked like they had been through hell and the kid polished them right back to brand new.

So the plus side of Polished is you can always get them back to a new shine.

The down side is that you always do have to get them back to a new shine and it is a bitch to do it.

I cant speak about chrome yet but my next set will most likely be chrome do to the maintenance factor.

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chrome rims have to be kept polished too to shine. Mine used to get brake dust on them all the time and I used to have to polish them quite alot. Why would stainless steel be any different than chrome? Thanks for the input.

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Foose design myself. I like the way chrome and black match up together. I will be changing mine in the future also....maybe a year down the road so I can at least get some use out of the new rims tires:).
How much or what needs to be done to go from 17" rimes to the 20"? Is it simply a matter of changing the computer setting?

Gforce

Reaction score
Like I said I'm not familiar with the upkeep on chrome. I figure they need to be cleaned too.

On polished aluminum wheels it is very easy to lose the shine and a bitch to get it back. I'm talking about hours of polishing to get them looking good depending on your level of good. And all it takes is some brake dust and one rain storm to dull them out again PITA for me at least.

avgabriel

Reaction score
Bro, DO NOT get the FOOSE's!!! I might be too late sending this. I had the DF-5's on my Lexus and after about 3 months the chrome pieces in between the spokes you see in the picture(they're plastic) started to warp!!! MHT wasn't very helpful in helping me out with replacements either. Unless they've corrected this in the past year and a half, i'd go for your first choice.

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, I went with the American Racing Burn Series and they look BAD A$$. I appreciate all of the advice