Noob Alert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakerau

Reaction score
Gentlemen:

I am here. I am fairly new to trucks and mechanic stuff, although I am pretty handy. I am here to hopefully gain insight and take advantage of the cumulative decades of knowledge and experience - thats you guys. And I hope to be able to pay it forward and help others like me down the road.

I have had my 2005 Tahoe LT for 2 years. We upgraded from a Toyota minivan (yep, I said it) because we camp a lot and the minivan was getting stuck deep in the woods and we wanted something more capable.

Since buying the Tahoe, we have become overlanders. We have an offroad expedition trailer with a roof top tent. Both the Tahoe and the trailer are on 33 inch tires (BFG All Terrain), and we can get to almost anywhere we want to go to get away form the crowds. I put a new torsion keys in to level it out, but am now faced with a new dilemma: We are planning. A long overland trip for this summer that will include some keep trails in Montana, and there are a few sections that I know are going to want to claim my bumper. :) Anyway, I will post in the topic-specific forums, rather than getting into it here. Just wanted to say hi, and I look forward to learning! Thanks guys.