New 98 Tahoe owner with a few issues (A/C, ABS codes and passenger window)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zidjan

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just bought a high mileage Hoe's at 215K miles...mechanically very sound with minor issues I would like to resolved currently:

1. A/c issue: The ac blows cold air on the rear and warm air from the from....I've been been reading this forums regarding the issue, however mine's a little bit different perhaps? the A/c button is off and on intermittently along with the cycle button...when AC light is on and I turn the blower on, its light out suddenly. Based on what I read it could be these issue: actuator, the A/c control unit itself or clogged filter? also when the ac light is not on, I found that the 4wd button also not on also....so could this be just loose connector or something else...what do I check first and narrow down the issue?

2. ABS code C0221 ..which points out the right speed sensor...is there any common issues in regard to this? if cleaning the sensor won't work, what's next?

3. Passenger windows would go down but very hard to go up..sometimes it'll get stuck until I turned off the engine and start it back up... the motor?

Thank you guys

I am planning to make this in to my Toy tower...rebuild the tranny for heavy duty use and air bags rear suspension, brush guard off road lights and so on.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Check the temp mode door actuator should be behind glove box. 4x4 - possible bad switch.

2. Probably a bad wire connection or bad wheel hub assembly.

3. Lubricate the guides where the window runs, if that doesnt help, you are "probably" looking at bad motors, but check the voltage drop across the motors first. Could be a bad switch or something since there is more load going up.

zidjan

Reaction score
1. Check the temp mode door actuator should be behind glove box. 4x4 - possible bad switch.

2. Probably a bad wire connection or bad wheel hub assembly.

3. Lubricate the guides where the window runs, if that doesn't help, you are "probably" looking at bad motors, but check the voltage drop across the motors first. Could be a bad switch or something since there is more load going up.

Thank you...actually I just found the vent selection is out also..the vent defaults to floor.... is there a way to tell if it's my Ac control unit or the blend door actuator? thanks again

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mode actuator is just above the gas pedal, watch it with the ignition on and turn the mode knob and watch it turn, about 30* of turn is all you get, can put your hand on it if you don't see it move, or you can check some voltages at the actuator...

zidjan

Reaction score
Mode actuator is just above the gas pedal, watch it with the ignition on and turn the mode knob and watch it turn, about 30* of turn is all you get, can put your hand on it if you don't see it move, or you can check some voltages at the actuator...

Thank's I ended up ordering both actuator ... i hope this works.