Looking at a phantom grille for christmas, need some help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, long story short, I duffed a deer a few weeks ago with my truck. The deer was about 150 lbs., I was going 40-45 and hit it square in the middle of the truck... perfect hit. Sent the deer sailing into a tree in some guy's front yard, then it rolled up the tree 10 ft into the air and planted on it's side on the ground. Didn't move after that.

The truck didn't blink an eye. Felt the *slam* but the truck kept going straight at the same speed like nothing happened at all. Reason #49 why I love my hoe.

It showed some nasty scarring though...

I had pictures but they are 12 megapixels and for some retarded reason my photoshop is not working and paint won't edit them even though they are .jpg format and it's pissing me off so that is a battle for another day.

My bumber is bent (sticking in on the passenger side and sticking out on the driver's side) and the marker light housing on the passenger side broke (the actual light and the lense is fine, but the pixture that it's screwed into is broken). Also, my grille shell is broke in like 4 places around that light, and the entire bottom lip of the shell is crushed by the bumper being bent in.

so I need a new shell and new light fixture. I want to get a full phantom grille + paintable shell with no bowtie.

Does anyone here have a phantom grille or have experience with different phantom grilles on these body-style trucks who could recommend me one? I mean, obviously I have been looking all over the internet at the T-rex grilles and Precision grilles etc. and I have looked on ebay a little at some custom made ones. I like the recessed headlight look (yeah I know it's illegal), but it seems that to get that combo WITH a shell is pretty big bucks. I'm keeping the price tag under $600. I'm just really unsure what one I should go with. Should I buy a shell sans-emblem and then buy the phantom inserts seperate, or get a combo shell w/ billet pre-installed? too many questions for something that seems so simple haha.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didnt you look for one of these a long time ago??? bcuz i know for a fact i sent you something on grilles and i sent a couple websites with that special grille you were looking for.. see if u can find it.. if not ill pull em up again

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you are right I'm a nub... it's just tough trying to find the right one. I would like to find one that has a full metal shell, but it seems like the shells are all plastic =\.

It might end up being this one:
50065-2.jpg

It is a smooth paintable shell. it looks terrible with the white imo, but I plan to paint my truck flat black, so maybe I will get lucky and the unpainted color of it will be flat black. There is not enough information on these kits I'm finding, though. Like, I don't know if this kit comes with a headlight recess kit as well or what.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh thats weird.. yea i dont like that one in white either.. blacks look real cool with that.. and i think the whole phantom thing is more on the c10s and s10s for some reason.. but idk man.. ill look around and see if i can find anything for ya..