How Thirsty is Your Hoe/Yuke???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, if you gotta' worry about the cost of gas then you better be buying something else than a $40K-$50K SUV!

:iagree:

What kills me is the new hybrid tahoe. is that a joke? Am I supposed to be impressed with its HUGE MPG. Real world you'll probably get about maybe 18 or 16 MPG. Please someone prove me wrong.

anyways I spent about 75 bucks last time i was on empty, one time I spent about 65 buck on E85.:thumbsup:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put $20.00 dollars in a month (use regular) and I live in the area with the most expensive gas in the country... I usually coast in on fumes at the beginning of each month!! Actually my secret is putting it in neutral down hills, and not flooring it off stoplights, stopsigns, or onto the freeway. I also try to put it in cruise control as much as possible! I get about 16-17mpg city 19-20 highway. And I have a 30 gallon tank. :Chevy:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put $20.00 dollars in a month (use regular) and I live in the area with the most expensive gas in the country... I usually coast in on fumes at the beginning of each month!! Actually my secret is putting it in neutral down hills, and not flooring it off stoplights, stopsigns, or onto the freeway. I also try to put it in cruise control as much as possible! I get about 16-17mpg city 19-20 highway. :Chevy:

i thought using neutral down hills is a risk of over heating the brakes and then not working?? but if it saves you gas. LOL.

i also use cruise control, highway all the time, and any time on the regular road way, stops the sudden urges to floor it and see the ford guys $hit them selves as i roar by towing a boat. :smilielol:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought using neutral down hills is a risk of over heating the brakes and then not working?? but if it saves you gas. LOL.

On the 97' the brakes suck, and I mean they are terrible!! I noticed they work the same whether I am in drive or in neutral, so I figured I may as well put it in neutral as the motor in the 97' doesn't do anything to slow it down either. The new ones it would probably overheat the brakes. My biggest problem is staying off the throttle, because I love listening to my exhaust rumble!! :Chevy:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 97' the brakes suck, and I mean they are terrible!! I noticed they work the same whether I am in drive or in neutral, so I figured I may as well put it in neutral as the motor in the 97' doesn't do anything to slow it down either. The new ones it would probably overheat the brakes. My biggest problem is staying off the throttle, because I love listening to my exhaust rumble!! :Chevy:

my 99 brakes were preety good, just took alot more force than the 06 does, but the engine only helps me slow down when im over 40mph, i mean 1 does not help much until your above 20. :mad: