How Much Below Book??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

widetrack

Reaction score
I'm looking at a clean 50,000 mile 04 Yukon SLT. KBB clean trade in is 12,105 private party is 15,310. It is loaded and has 5.3 w\2wd. looks and runs like new. He's asking 12,900 for it. How much below book are they actually selling for??Seems like a lot of the dealers are asking way to much. The ones Ive seen on Ebay are not selling. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Paul

Last edited:

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I paid 18,400.00 for my 04 Yuk with 50k on it last August. If gas prices had not of shot up since last summer I would say 12.9 is a killer deal. Its definitely a buyers market for full-size SUV's right now. I'm actually thinking of selling mine already. I cant afford these 85.00 fill-ups every week.

jneal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought my 02 for $4k under private party with 92,000 miles. might be some gauge for you.

I'd say 13K is pretty good off of 15. Offer 12 and see what they say?

is it a dealer? They will have a tangible dollar ammount they will want where a private party will really only have a perceived value that will be more negotiable.

mine was a special case though. The guy literally had nothing in it as he had inherited it.

Z71Heat

Reaction score
I just bought my 02 for $4k under private party with 92,000 miles. might be some gauge for you.

I'd say 13K is pretty good off of 15. Offer 12 and see what they say?

is it a dealer? They will have a tangible dollar ammount they will want where a private party will really only have a perceived value that will be more negotiable.

mine was a special case though. The guy literally had nothing in it as he had inherited it.

you got that tahoe for $4,000 !!!!! Wow

On a side note, I cant afford the $80 dollar fill ups every week either.....

woldd90

Reaction score
You can always make an offer... They don't have to take it. Offer him 11,500 and see what he says. But, if you can have the cash or cashiers check with you to reinforce your commitment. It is a buyers market. If they say no, and there is no room for negotiations, then find another truck. Don't get emotional until you own

reddemon71

Reaction score
I'm looking at a clean 50,000 mile 04 Yukon SLT. KBB clean trade in is 12,105 private party is 15,310. It is loaded and has 5.3 w\2wd. looks and runs like new. He's asking 12,900 for it. How much below book are they actually selling for??Seems like a lot of the dealers are asking way to much. The ones Ive seen on Ebay are not selling. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Paul
I paid $8k for a 05 slt 4wd with 80k miles, Dealers around here are unloading them