Hey did I screw up bad....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told yall about my speaker incadent where I blew half my truck. Got the truck back today and the speakers sound amazing. But Im lacking in bass, so easy fix will be a sub or 2. But they said that all the connections looked good and they tried resetting the system and it did not fix it. What kinda fix am I looking at here.

The windows, door locks, keyless entry, mirror, and turn signal in the mirror. Headlight, tail light, power seat, heated seat, dont work on the passenger side, and the entire truck is missing its retained accessory power, and the auto matic climate control has a mind of its own and I had to pull a fuse to stop it from blowing. What do I need to do to fix this. Is it bad, Or does the computer just need to be reflashed at the dealer???

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
RT, my guess is that you have a wire taht may be pinched touching power or ground. That could be why your climate control fuse blows.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the fuse on the climate control. Cause it wont stop blowing, I had that thing changed last month under the passenger side dash the blower resistor. I wonder if that has gone out again, or because its on the passenger side, it does not have power any more and does what ever it pleases. HMM, is this a dealer only thing, or can any auto shop do it??

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
You know, thats a tough call. It really depends on whether or not the shop you are thinking about is knowledgeable about the dual climate control.. You'd also be hard pressed to trust a dealer, especially if things are as bad as the media claims, you could be facing a rather bloated bill for something relatively simple.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT I suggets you take it in somewhere, maybe not the dealer because it will be expnsive if they find out its your fault but you can try any roadside mechanic familiar with GM cars.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess what I will do is call the place I trust, have them take a look. Then if they cant do it, take it to the dealer, half the time he tells me what is wrong, and that he does not have the power to fix it, and then I dont get scamed at the dealer. But I also trust the dealer as we (my family and I) have bought 8 vehicles from them in the last 2 years. He is also a personal friend of my dads. But that does not mean service will be different as dealer and service are two completly different areas.

Gilby5245

Reaction score
Speaker Wires

I have a 2001 tahoe. I know from taking the whole factory radio system out and bypassing onstar. Your onstarruns through the radio and some of the connectors for the speakers just happen to be nest to where your blower motor is for the heat. If you take the glove box and open it you will see a white connector on the right side above the kick panel. Check the wires there and see if they pinched any of them when putting the cover for the blower motor back on.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer fixed it for 80 bucks. The f-ing plugs were loose. LOL

but it needs other work. So Im still screwed. atleast the yukon has been trouble free.

also the climate control was the blower resistor again, but since I bought a new resister less than 2 months ago it was free for another one, gm parts, 1 year warrenty.

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well the yukon isnt mine after next week so I dont really care. :crazy::lol:

Or atleast im not its primary driver... I hate that. But what ever.

But atleast the yukon has a warrenty. If I was smart I would get an extended warrenty for the rado.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the yukon isnt mine after next week so I dont really care. :crazy::lol:

Or atleast im not its primary driver... I hate that. But what ever.

But atleast the yukon has a warrenty. If I was smart I would get an extended warrenty for the rado.

What are you doing with your Yukon?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you doing with your Yukon?

MY GF lost her job, and got in a wreck in the same week. Insurance gave her 4k for her old honda civic. She cant afford a new one and had to move out of her apartment. She is living with me driving the yukon until she gets a new job.