Glasspacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95ThAHOE

Reaction score
Im going for the glasspacks after a long while of the stock muffler. I'm figuring that i'll get alot of flowmaster is better comments but i just wanted to get a feel of what you guys think.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its all personal preference.

i've got a short glasspack on my camaro that doesn't sound to bad. the previous owner either installed the exhaust or had it istalled and its a really really crappy job, but it sounds OK. nice and loud when you get on it and somewhat quiet when crusing.

if i were putting them on my tahoe i would go for some longer ones.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a short glass pack on the first truck i ever owned an 82 s-10.. sounded pretty good single in dual out.. but, than again i was only 16... so.. you know how it is when your a teenager anything extremly loud sounds great - i'd go for the longer ones as well - when i had my 96 dodge ram it has a driveshaft out of a big-rig under it that was sawed off on both ends cut down to about 3-4ft and that was its muffler it sounded great deep toned etc but i traded the dodge in for my yukon.. it has a Ravin exhuast on it didn't cost that much like 40 bux for the muffler.. what cost me the most was having a Y pipe built to go from dual to a single in muffler single out - but that was my pref - i'm assuming your doing dual in dual out? it should sound pretty good get the longer glasspacks to keep it low toned

--edit--

Umm.. i forgot your driving a TBI truck, so i don't know how the exhuast on it is, i don't know if it is single all the way back or dual all the way back to the muffler..

98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glass packs are ok for the first year. After that they sound like crap IMO. Once the glass gets impacted they become so bad you just wanna cut them off! But they are def. a cheap way to get some good sound. Put them on now and in a year get some flows. <~ had to say it. lol

radimus

Reaction score
My Dad used to drive a 72 Chevy pickup that he had installed tractor mufflers on. From what I remember it sounded pretty good. Thought I would throw that out for whatever it was worth.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do yourself a favor and get dual 40 series flows with dual cats. you wont ever look back