Folding Mirrors with Chrome Bottoms???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

str8304

Reaction score
Ok all, I am new to this forum as I just purchased my 1st American Made vehicle. Anyway, I have an 08 Tahoe LT2 and wanted to add the folding mirrors with the chrome bottoms on it. I went to the dealership today and they couldn't give me a specific price for them as they claim there are over 10different versions of them and needed the last 6 digits of the VIN number from the vehicle I saw them on to give me a price. Is this accurate? Secondly, I assumed that I could just install them like plug and play and be done but they told me my vehicle had to be wired to accomodate those mirrors. I asked the guy if he could tell from my VIN number whether it was, he said no, the service techs would have to look at it to make that determination.

So, i need to know what issues if any you all had when adding the folding mirrors and whether or not your vehicle was already pre-wired for it or if you had to do something extra, thanks

turboeclips

Reaction score
you can buy the chrome lower covers off of ebay... if you want to go that route. It alot cheaper and takes like 5 minutes to install.

I think that is what alot of people have done. I have them myself.

str8304

Reaction score
you can buy the chrome lower covers off of ebay... if you want to go that route. It alot cheaper and takes like 5 minutes to install.

I think that is what alot of people have done. I have them myself.
Thanks for your reply, I saw those caps as well, but I want the power folding option mainly because my garage is full with other stuff so my Tahoe has a tight fit to get in at times.

turboeclips

Reaction score
yea, if you mainly want to have the folding power option, then you will need to purchase complete new mirrors. As it was mentioned to you, this will probably entail some additional wiring if your model is not pre-wired for it. I have an LT3 and it came with folding option from factory.

msullivan

Reaction score
I believe you need to also get the switch that is for the power folding mirrors also that are located with your driverside window switches.

str8304

Reaction score
Hey all, I really appreciate all the comments, but I wanted to know if anyone knew if the LT2 already comes pre-wired or is it something extra I have to do to the wiring once they are installed. Thanks