Check This Yukon Out!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://fargo.craigslist.org/car/599493753.html

http://www.blwilliamsllc.com/inventory/39.html

it is exactly like mine color and option wise (except for nav) o yea and the tranny and engine mods.

i want it, and if i can get a down payment together soon its going to be mine.:yesnod: forget the 09 when i can get a once of a kind one.

or tommarrow will come and i come to my senses and realise i dont need it and im makeing a big mistake and should not spend money i dont have:lol: yea like that will ever happen

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They build those down the road from my house, I've always wanted a solid axle duramax 3/4 ton suburban on some 40's :Chevy:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be the ultimate rig for me for sure, but man that price tag is a killer!! I have never understood why they stopped doing the deisels in the burbans from the factory, I guess it would just make too much sense for them to do so. Oh well!!

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why is that thing 80k? duramax better give me head while i drive it for that much!

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, with the new mileage standards it would seem natural to put a Durmax in the full size SUV from GM. I guess that the market for 3/4 ton+ SUVs is down and therefore not worth the investment.

Jon

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure it's cool, but I betcha that thing is a service nightmare. $80K?!? Whatever man. Hopefully RT will come to his senses when he wakes up.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool. I saw a Duramax 2500 Suburban at Bike Week last week in Daytona towing a trailer. Maybe it was built by these guys.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure it's cool, but I betcha that thing is a service nightmare. $80K?!? Whatever man. Hopefully RT will come to his senses when he wakes up.

yes, but i even went as far as contacting the dealer. i played it cool and talked like i was intrested (but i was) i also asked if there were anybody else who had bought from him and he gave me the number of two previous buyers who said that was ok. i called them and one said it was the best truck he had ever had and will never sell it.

called the other one who said he had it for a month and then sold it, in that month it needed a new suspension, gas tank had leaked (caused by different drivetrain) the gauges never worked right, and the engine would not start if it was below 40 degrees even with the block, oil , and gas heater. He said with all the stuff that was caused by the different swaps he was worried that it would become a matinence nightmare so he sold it. that did it for me, my yukon is perfect and never ever been in the dealer for anything other than an oil change or somthing i wreck while installing somthing (sunroof was the last one 600 bucks caused by me running a wire through it)

its still a very cool truck, i just dont want the matainece that goes with it, o yea and he said that the towing limit was the same becuase of the frame, but you would still have a lot more power towing with it because of the diesel,i was hopeing for like 12k pound limit not the standard 8400, so i could tow the 32 footer and not just my 21 footer.

what i have been thinking about doing is sending them my kon to do the conversion for, im sure that actully cheaper than buying one of theirs.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what i have been thinking about doing is sending them my kon to do the conversion for, im sure that actully cheaper than buying one of theirs.

Now that sounds like a better idea! ;) Let us know if you do it -- that'd be really cool... Too bad it doesn't somehow increase the towing capacity -- I wonder if they can reinforce the frame somehow?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy a stock 3/4ton burb with high miles and a wrecked LB7 duramax for fairly cheap now. Allison trans requires a 2" body lift to clear and the engine harness isn't too difficult to adapt, I think there are a dozen or so pinouts that you have to tap but a few of my customers with h2s have done the swap. DIC is the same and all the electrical systems integrate without issue. Pricing out on the high side I was around 52K with both vehicles, dana 60, built suncoast allison trans, 8" alcan zero rate springs, fox shocks, etc. Kinda nice to have a shop build it and include a warranty but I'd rather do it yourself and make it a one off. You can box the frame from the b-pillar back and it should increase the towing.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
You can buy a stock 3/4ton burb with high miles and a wrecked LB7 duramax for fairly cheap now. Allison trans requires a 2" body lift to clear and the engine harness isn't too difficult to adapt, I think there are a dozen or so pinouts that you have to tap but a few of my customers with h2s have done the swap. DIC is the same and all the electrical systems integrate without issue. Pricing out on the high side I was around 52K with both vehicles, dana 60, built suncoast allison trans, 8" alcan zero rate springs, fox shocks, etc. Kinda nice to have a shop build it and include a warranty but I'd rather do it yourself and make it a one off. You can box the frame from the b-pillar back and it should increase the towing.

80K you might as well just get an Escalade.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
80K you might as well just get an Escalade.
For just over 50k I'd have a full hydraulic steering 1200wtq duramax suburban on 40" tires that I could drive just about anywhere and get 20mpg, much better than any escalade for what I'll use it for. Think this with bigger tires
ORUAssult_3_4.jpg

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I do everyday, kind of a pain in the ass with the duramax swap but I'm sure with enough time and research I could do it. Solid axle swaps aren't too hard
closeup.jpg

Guy from the other store's dodge on 53's
IMG00012.jpg

You can do anything with a lift, plasma cutter, and a welder.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude your skills are awsome. i think i will keep the yukon stock for now, but when she is a little older and the vortec is tired then it may be ready for the swap.

cool trucks though.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not all me, I'm just a lowly salesman that gets his hands dirty. My buddy makes sure my welds don't look like birdsh*t and he does the gears/tcase work but ti's pretty easy to work on these trucks. I doubt the vortec will ever get tired :cheers: