Cd Player Won't Suck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, newbie to this forum.

Recently bought a 05 Tahoe w/ 34k on it with the bose system and stock cd player. A few days ago the cd player started acting up and it wouldnt take the disc in, after I took it out and tried pushing it in 3 or 4 times it would go in. Tried to go put a cd in it last night and the eject button will work if I jam it in there but will not pull itself in there with the motor or whatever pulls it in. Anyone else have this problem, know what is wrong..? Pretty sure dealership will cover it but its over an hour drive away and with gas being 3.70+ would rather try fixing it on my own quick.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the dealership replaces it get it done. But if you buy that radio new you could replace that entire Bose system with what it costs.....lol

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, get it fixed by the stealership if they will fix it for free, don't tamper with it too much or they will say your hosed!!

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep if they can fix it for free then don't pass that up. Do you have the CD changer or just the single disc?

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you try resetting it you know the usual unplugg it and leave it unplugged for 5 or so minutes or you could push and hold the eject button for about 10 seconds to get the motor to reset, thats what I did and it worked after that. but mine did it after I left the cd in the port for too long it tried to suck back in but I pulled it out on its way in

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't know about the resetting otherwise would have tried that, just took it to the dealership today and they took it out. They're supposed to fix it and I have to go back to get it put back in.. in a few days.