Autoride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe2Vegas

Reaction score
Hello All,

My 01 Tahoe has the autoride suspension in the rear. It seems like it is riding kind of high. Is there any way to check it to see if it is working correctly, or anyway to get the air out of the shocks so it sits lower?

Thanks in advance...especially if this is a stupid question!

Tahoe2Vegas

Reaction score
Thanks. Anyone else have suggestions for the autoride? My tahoe sits much higher in the back....is that normal? How do I check to see if the autoride is working correctly?

Thanks

mattyzhoe

Reaction score
Hey vegas! My 2000 hoe has the autoride also. Nomatter what ive tried the mine stayes hot rodded like that at least an inch or two higer than the front. I had a guy at the dealership even adjust the actuators that move up and down from the frame to the suspension to try to correct the situation.. came up with 2 solutions. 1st and not verry popular disable the autoride. will ride level but you now have pretty much no shocks. 2nd and what I did cranked up the torsion bars. Oddly enough the ride quality diddnt change much at all due to the fact that it has "autoride" and now it lookes level and rides much more stable and less bouncy than before. Hope this helps some mate.

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 01 has the autoride as well and its just normal that the rear sit a little higher.