08 Suburban Daytime Running Lights Inop...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjcisternas

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been through all the threads on mostly how to disable the DRL's, I'm having the opposite issue...mine are inop. Here's the details...

08 Suburban...someone did motor swap to the truck, and it had some front end damage. It's got AEM cold air & full Gibson exhaust & ECM/TCM tune by Black Bear. (Can't say anough good things about them...they are awesome.) Both headlights were busted when I got it, replaced them. It wasn't the neatest work electrically when I got under there...

Replaced both headlights & put in HID's for Hi beams, low beams & fogs...they all work.

DRL's directionals, sidemarkers all replaced with LED's, all were working, including DRL's. Noticed today that they weren't working. Been about a week since I put the new lights in.

Checked the fuses...they are good.
Checked the bulbs, good.
Can't find the relay...anyone?
New headlights had new looms/sockets on them...I haven't physically checked them yet though. Got too dark out for the DRL's to kick on.

If it matters, tail lights are also LED's & work. Only side effect I have had from LED's is that the directional signals flash at normal rate for 3 times, then go about double speed...but they all work.

So, that's it. Like I said, too dark out now for me to do any more on it as the DRL's won't come on anyway.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and if anyone has thoughts on the flashers...feel free.

Thanks.
Bob

Ont240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace the flasher unit with an electronic unit which doesn't require a load .
LED's don't put enough load on the system.