Who has a slammed truck I need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruthless

Reaction score
So a friend of mine has a 2001 Chevy pickup that he bought slammed on some 24" rims or something huge... the guys never finished the job and made new wheel wells for the front or the bed. He is wanting me to custom fab him some new wheel wells for the front out of metal and also build him a cover for the rear. This is going to be a fun project figuring it all out but some suggestions on what the heck to do with the drivers side wheel well would be extremely useful. When he drops this thing the tire literally touches his main wiring harness which isn't exactly something you can easily relocate. Has anyone here done this before and have pictures they could post? Thanks in advance!

RiverRunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a few over the years, if the tire is touching the wire harness, you only have two choices, don't do the drop you have planned, or go through the work to move the wire harness out of the way. Whatever you do with the wire harness, any movement can cause problems, it has to be secured to prevent any movement, if not, you'll regret it.