TYC Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever had a set of them. I am looking to buy some because mine are so yellowed. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GET THEM!!!! They are better than factory headlights. Whether you get projector OR reflector. The beam paddern is much better, brighter, no glare, and better quality of light. Here are my favorite three they make. I suggest any of them for their long lasting ability. Before I sold the suburban, I had the HID set on them and they were OUTSTANDING. They were D1R HIDS and COMPLTETLY LEGEL, even had a card to prove it.

But the standard reflector headlights with halagons are also very good. The projectors are even better. :thumbsup:

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have HID so I m looking for something to really allow the lights to shine through

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have HID so I m looking for something to really allow the lights to shine through

Since you already have HIDS I would reccommend projector. But If you really want the light to shine thorough , then the TYC crystal clears are your best bet.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked ebay didnt see any where would you recomend to buy them

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked ebay didnt see any where would you recomend to buy them

Hey IM sorry. I bought from both of these sellers, No issues.

Here are the NON HID ONES.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TYC-...s=72:727|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318#ht_1507wt_0

here are the HID ones.
I had these on my 99 suburban before I traded them. Dont worry about his discription, As long as you have a 94-99 tahoe. They will work as the front end is the same. :thumbsup:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-9...CarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4348wt_0

Loomis

Reaction score
I got pair. I cant believe what difference these are then stock. They look so nice. Blue bulbs just reflect inside and look nuts when your eye level especially

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and where did you get yours?

I got pair. I cant believe what difference these are then stock. They look so nice. Blue bulbs just reflect inside and look nuts when your eye level especially

Loomis

Reaction score
Ebay guy. Cheap too. no leaks are anything so far

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't tell from the pics, but do the HID headlights come with projectors?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't tell from the pics, but do the HID headlights come with projectors?

no, their reflector. But the bulb and reflector are designed to preform just like a projector, It uses a D1R bulb (r for reflector) insted of a D1S bulb. The bulb has the cut off insted of the housing. I actully prefer these. :yesnod:

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh okay, just wanted to make sure. Looking to go the HID route and want to do it right. See a lot of guys driving around with HID bulbs and halogen reflectors, annoys the hell out of me. These would get me that nice cut off line?

Thanks

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh okay, just wanted to make sure. Looking to go the HID route and want to do it right. See a lot of guys driving around with HID bulbs and halogen reflectors, annoys the hell out of me. These would get me that nice cut off line?

Thanks

It wont be as focused as a projector, But it will be like 50X better than halagon reflector. The beam paddern was great, Nice noticable cut off, Not acura TSX but MUCH better than stock. Plus their DOT approved.

Was a simple install for me too. take out the old. plug in the new housing, only wireing you have to do is unplug your old bulb and plug it in to the new housing. Its awsome

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to do TSX projectors but that would be an expensive little project. As long as I'm not blinding every motorist off the road with these, it's all go0d.

Thanks

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how easy were the adjustments and are the screws plastic or metal

escott

Reaction score
treying to find out what exactly i need to have hid lights on my 1999 2dr do i need to change my headlights also please help thanx