Tahoe will start, but not run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoezaycuervo

Reaction score
I stuck the keys in the ignition, and immediately noticed the seat did not move up to its memory position. When I tried to crank, it turned over just fine and ran for 2-3 seconds, but would not idle. I tried giving it gas (driveway is sloped, but have nearly full tank) and it would not respond at all to throttle. I did notice that the DIC said "Unknown Driver". I also put a new battery in last week so it shouldn't be that. Any ideas what is going on? I'm wondering if my PCM is bad...I had it towed to the stealership but have not heard anything yet...

chevytech03

Reaction score
possibly have a bad body control module, do your interier lights work? security light flashing?

hoezaycuervo

Reaction score
Ignition Issue

Dealer seems to think the ignition module has gone bad and it is causing the Passlock system to activate. Apparently the ignition module produces a certain voltage which is learned by the BCM and if it does not match up when the ignition is cut on, the BCM activates the Passlock anti-theft and kills the motor. Hopefully the ignition will fix my issue...but it isn't cheap. They are charging just under $500 for parts and labor, but said it is an all day job.