Replacing oil cooler lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lebo

Reaction score
I have a leak in my lower oil cooler line where the metal tubing meets the rubber hose. I plan on replacing the entire line. I can get the oil line disconnected from the radiator but I am having a hard time getting the kine disconnected from the oil filter housing. The two lines that go into the oil filter housing are so close together that I can not get a good grip on the nut that holds the lower line. Is there a special wrench that can get in there? Any suggestions on how to get this off are appreciated.

Thanks
Lebo

NYrr496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it just be easier to remove the lines from the radiator and then drop the entire adapter with the lines connected to it from the oil filter boss on the engine? That way you could work on it in a vise. I don't have an oil cooler on mine, so I don't know how it looks.

Lebo

Reaction score
I thought about that for a second but did not look into it to deeply. Although I usually get the job done, I am by no means a mechanic and I am limited on tools. I just try to figure it out. I do not see how I could get the oil filter boss out unless it drops out. If the oil filter boss spins out the oil line will obviously get in the way as you twis it off. Thanks

bowhunter22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your line leaking at the rad or the filter?

If at the rad cut the fitting off the rubber line ,, remove the crimped shield ( side cutters , dremmel what have ya) dont dammage the fitting , cut the rest of the hose off the fitting , slide the supply line back over the barb of the fitting , hose clamp it.

Lebo

Reaction score
Thanks for the help/replies. I was able to get the line off with a 1 in stubby wrench. I just had to take the top line off to get the bottom one off which is the one I really need to replace.