New to Tahoe Forum!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Angus2009

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this message board thing so please forgive me if i screw this up. I have a 2009 Tahoe that had a dead battery a few weeks ago we replaced the battery and I go out to leave yesterday and the battery is dead again. A friend mentioned that it could be a low key fob battery that could be draining my battery and if this was the case would I get a message on my dashboard? Thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated, don't want to run to the repair shop if I can fix this myself! Thanks!

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. Sounds like you have a possible draw on the battery. Like leaving the headlights on even though they are out. Alternator diodes are notorious for this but so are other things. A qualified tech needs to attach a DVOM between the battery and negative cable and check for draw and if has one then start removing fuses and relays till the draw goes away and then inspect whatever is on that circuit that could be causing problem. He will likely unplug the alternator first thing to check it. He also needs to check the starting and charging system. Good luck.

Low35

Reaction score
Leaving the hood open can kill the battery too, the engine compartment light draws a lot of power surprisingly.