New to forum; Oil Pan Gasket and other Denali issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drew0229

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the forum as well as the Tahoe/Yukon family. Thank you for having me! Last week I purchased a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali with 58k miles. I got it at a great price but "as is" with no warranties. It was going to the auction had it not sold in 30 days. The KBB value was $28k and I got it for $24k so I thought it was a good deal but maybe I'm wrong. I had five days or 300 miles to get it checked out so I took it to the GMC dealer to have a used car inspection completed. Everything checked out fine except I was told I need to replace the "oil pan gasket" and including an oil change, the cost would be $440. I almost freaked out. $400 for a gasket!? I was a little leery so I took it to a friend (who I don't 100% trust) and he said he would do it for $200-250. I looked up gaskets online and found it for $30. Does it really cost $400+ to put in a gasket? Or even $200 for that matter?

I have a couple other concerns. I'm past the five day/300 mile point now but I love the truck so I guess I'll have to deal with whatever issues present themselves. The inspection found no major problems so I figured given the great deal I got (at least the great ASSUMED deal), I will still come out ahead once everything is fixed. First, the Denali DOES have a back-up camera. I did a little research and read I probably just need to have the screen reflashed at the dealer which will costs about $75. After my first run in at this dealer, I was a little leery so I figured I'd ask around. Do you guys think reflashing is the answer to the back-up camera and is $75 reasonable? On the Navi screen, I get to the screen where it should have an option for the back-up camera but there's nothing there but a few other things. I read through the manual and I know which screen it should show up but it just doesn't have an option for the back-up camera. *But I know for a fact that it does have a camera. I can post a photo for verification.

A couple other things I need checked out is there is a little chirping sound when I press the gas, especially at low speeds. I think I might just need to have a belt tightened or replaced. Next, the cruise control doesn't work. The cruise control gauge on the steering wheel lights up but it will not set. I read the manual so I know I'm doing it correctly. Last, I'm getting about 9 mpg. I'd like a little better gas mileage and wouldn't mind picking up a little performance and horsepower while I'm at it. I've read perhaps a chip and air intake will do the trick. I'm looking at a Bully Dog Triple Dog GT for the chip and a K&N FIPK Air Intake. Anyone have any experience with these brands and models and would you recommend them for the '07 Denali? Any other suggestions on brand or other performance parts? Is it worth the money to add these two parts and will my gas mileage improve? My friend said if I do add them that something will be compromised later as is typical in after market parts. I'm thinking about adding exhaust and headers later down the road once my bank account recovers from all these new expenses! Thank you in advance for reading and any assistance.