New Shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shlohoe717

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Z71 Tahoe. It has 126XXX miles on it and I am looking to replace the shocks. I know that it has Bilstein shocks from the factory it being the Z71 package. I am looking to replace them. I am curious as to what other people have done? In all the research that I have done that the Bilstein's that come on the truck are nice but they only last about 60XXX miles. There good for daily driving but I'm looking for something a little bit better. Something that will help with towing, off roading, and everyday use. Just curious as to what other people have done or what suggestions people have.
Thanks
Shlohoe

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stick with the factory shocks. they picked that brand and type for a reason, if you are trying to go aftermarket then you will need to do some research but for the most part you can just stick with the oem brand and be ok.

Michael Dowd

Reaction score
I had replaced the shocks on my 04 with non-bilstien shocks and it was the worst thing that I could have done. Got a complete set bilstiens for under $300 and the truck it back to the way it was before.