New Member/Seat Heater Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meador1

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the sight but have found your posts very helpful when I'm working on my 2003 Tahoe.

I recently reupholstered the Drivers seat in my Tahoe and replaced the Heating element hoping that it would work after the reinstall. The door switch lights up for a few seconds and then shuts off. No heated seat. Same problem before I installed the new element.

Anyone run into this before?

Thanks in advance.

Jungle Rooster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read some other posts on other forums about these heated seats. Doesn't really matter which ones: Escalade, Yukons, Tahoes, etc....they all are basically the same. It must not be a fuse problem, since it lights up in the first place. But by shutting off it means something is not right with the element. Did you try testing just the seat element first, and then the backrest element separately? And try the lowest possible setting, and see if one of the two stays lit. Let me see if I can find a write up a guy had, and send it to you. (I'm new to this site, too.)

dave/angie

Reaction score
I have read where the driver and passenger seats are tied together and that the problem might be with the passenger side heating elements, but the driver's side will not work also.