interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking into revamping the interior of my tahoe. as of now, its all BLUE. I've slowly gotten used to it, but i still am not the biggest fan. Anyone have an idea of where i could find a full interior in either tan or black?

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do black but haven't found any aftermarket kits for it and it wasn't an OE option either. So I've been tossing around the idea of just painting it.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umm you can easily just get your seats redone by an auto upholster.. the rest youd have to do.. seat belts tho arent going to be black. u cant dye them and like what he said they never came in black... but idk

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the trucks two tone on the exterior anyway, blue/tan, so i figure i could go tan and it would look good. the seats, door panels, and head liner I am gonna have wrapped by my guy, but the issue is all the plastic crap. pillars, dash, steering wheel, those rear plastic things that cover the jack...

on another note, Whats your guys opinions on going all black leather, minus the plastics which would remain blue? i've been throwin the idea around, but cant decide whether it will look really good, or really bad.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your painting all the plastics, are you going to keep it that textured look or smooth it out? if you paint the dash, the reflection from the sun can blind you going down the road. And how often do you drive your hoe< i mean is putting all black leather in it reallly worth getting in and out everyday? i mean look at some of the factory leather seats in tahoes/yukons/suburbans/silverados/avalanches after a couple yrs, there ripped to sh *t, i dont care if u take 5 minutes to get in the truck, fact is it will still wear are tear... And spendning X amount on leather worth it??? i can see if its a showhoe or ssomething like that tho. but yea u got my 3cents..

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take care of my leather. i dont slide out of seats, EVER, even on my cloth seats. i've had leather in the family forever, and I just like the look and feel. plus they're easier to clean.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then go for it....... as too painting???? smooth or whats going on with that one...

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i probably wont paint them. the inserts in the panels i'll have covered in leather as well. may get some navy blue inserts in the seats to make them look more... blended? lol. or maybe just go with a dark dark dark navy blue for the seats instead of black. the factory blue leather is too light making it ugly, (it was actually the decision maker when i bought my tahoe. blue cloth looked better that blue leather) my cloth is fading to white from the sun and it kinda bugs me. I'm only lookin at around 4-500 for it all.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i gotcha.... well do u know the guy personally or what?? i have someone around here who is going to redo my interior for me, but if your guy is cheaper i may need u to pick up his number for me... Or i guess i could jsut wait until Wyotech for upholstery.. ahh but i dont wanna do that...

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its the guy who wraps all our car audio stuff. speaker pods, boxes, etc.
off topic here, but how do you like wyotech? i'm tempted to go just for something else to do. im in that stage where i know what i want to do, but no one supports my decisions. lol.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hehe well im nnot in it yet. September buddy !! cant wait.. my brother went there and loved it. First week out of wyotech he got a job at Classic, then a month after that they found out he was to good to be ripping cars apart, so they sent him to a place in NY and had him as the head head manager.

But yea i cant wait. Im taking collision/refinishing, business class, then upholstery/stereo/trim soooo yea.. which one would u go to???

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not too sure. I just went on the site to request info, and gawd damnit, i think they're callin me. go figure, im in class. lmao. Im just tired of this university BS. Myself and a friend of mine are thinking of all our other options. its basically resorted to Wyotech or Firefighting. lol

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah i gotcha. Im going to the one in PA Blairsville. U should totally try and get into it next yr and we have a kick ass tahoe group at wyotech.. lol..

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, thatd be awesome, but i'd prolly go to the one in tampa. (i think thats where it is lol). I know car audio well, i just wanna learn all the other aspects of it. lol