head light problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diesel1114

Reaction score
hi guys i was driving the other night in my 97 and i went to switch to high beams and lost the headlights completely, only headlights i have now is dayitme running lights which im using for my headlights, if i turn switch to headlight position no headlights or highbeams or anything, put it on position for parking lights and daytime lights come back on but still no highbeams or regualr headlights, so did the highbeam switch /turnsighanl switch go or did the headlight swtich go ? i saw that that headlight swithc has some kinda board in to control highbeam / lowbeam/ daytime

anyone have this problem and any suggestion
in need of help
john
nyc

pchapin

Reaction score
I have the same problem, except I do have high beam in the lights on position but no low beams.

inthechateau

Reaction score
I'll bet the turn signal multifunction cluster switch failed on column. Believe it or not. All light functions go through that turn head light dimmer control switch.

pchapin

Reaction score
I figured out my problem. One of the wires, the one for low beam, had pulled out of the plug on the multifunction switch. It looks like years of tilting the steering wheel up had caused it to come loose. I was able to get it back in place for now. Not sure how long it will stay as it is a little hard to get at without removing the steering wheel.